Sunday, August 5, 2007

The 5 kitties all purr like motorcycles!


Time for another update about the 5 kitties. First, they are super cute and all of them are really playful. However, I’ve noticed a few interesting things about how they are socially to each other.

There are 3 black short haired kittens (Oynx, Inara, Georgia), 1 black medium hair kitten (Starbuck), and 1 grey Bengal kitten (Beelay). They are all independent and not bonded to each other, in fact far from it.

When they sleep, they either all cuddle up together for comfort, or the four short haired ones will sleep together but Starbuck will sleep off on his own. In fact, Starbuck is like the fat kid with classes that everyone made fun of in elementary school, as none of the kittens really like him. Beelay is not far behind, sometimes he’ll sleep by himself in the corner as well.

What I’ve also noticed is that the three black shorthaired ones spend a lot of time playing with each other and are really friendly with each other. Thus they are tame and will even come up to me and say hello. With Startbuck and Beelay, it’s actually quite the opposite.

When Beelay is in the presence of the other five and I’m in the room, he’s not too active and may even hide and doesn’t like to be touched. However, once Beelay is by himself in the living room, he’ll quickly assess where he is, and then he is suddenly the most playful and fun loving kitten, running around, hopping and playing with stuff. When he does play with the other kittens, Beelay is quite rough, I suspect that the other kittens are beating him up, as I saw him bite Inara on the leg quite hard one time.

Starbuck, on the other hand is scared and hides whether in the presence of the other kittens or not. I have taken him out into my living room as well, with two other kitties, and he did start playing with them, by chasing them and trying to join in the fun, however the other kittens didn’t initiate playing with Starbuck. He is the softest and cutest of them all, a little fat, but quite capable of getting into trouble, heh heh. He’d be a lot of fun for a loving home.

I have found that I can get them all purring with just a little affection. With Georgia, each time I move my hand down her back her tail goes higher, and higher (means she’s happy). Pop a treat and she’ll purr like a machine. Same with Starbuck. Beelay, he likes to rest on me, and if I just rub him, he’ll start purring like a motorcycle. It’s too bad that socially he is too feisty for the black kittens, he is the most fun, and I think I like him the most. He is just beautiful.

No comments: