Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Pipi, mom cat, loves me now.

Over the weekend I began to suspect that Pipi hated me. It has something to do with the de-fleaing, the de-shedding, and the de-worming (terrible tasting I'm told) and she began to sulk, turn her back to me, and refuse food for about two days.

I expected her to be moody, but the refusing food was a growing concern. It just so happened that I was at a pet store yesterday to pick up a horizontal scratching post for the kittens and decided to buy some chicken flavored treats for mom. When I got home, I shook the bag, let her smell the contents and then crushed a treat and mixed it with her food. She was instantly interested and started eating the food. When she was done with that portion, I put more regular food on it, and she ate it as well, and now will eat, as normal, when hungry. She also now knows that shaking the bag (or a can of peanuts, hey it's the same noise) means that food is here.

Now she is totally relaxed, she actually will wander around, make cat purrs, and waves her tail high in the air. She'll come over and say hello and rub up against me. So typical of a cat, when they want something, they come and be nice to you.

The kittens, Snowball and Columbus are just two great buddies, they hang out together all the time and love to explore my place. They are running around quite frequently and love the new scratching toy I got them. They make good use of it and even sleep on it whenever they can. They are still a little feeble, as the can't always get off the vertical scratching post without falling off, but they'll get some jumping and coordination soon I think.

I suppose I'll be posting videos of them soon.

By the way, the de-shedder I am using is called the Furminator (www.furminator.com). It's great, it works very well, just like they say it would. I keep a vacuum running as well to vacuum the fur right off the comb. Highly recommended.

No comments: