Saturday, July 14, 2007

Pipi and Snowball...great buddies

I was playing with the cats tonight so I decided to make another blog entry.


Tonight I noticed that Pipi (the one year old all white mom cat) has been moping around the place lately, so I started playing with her with the long stringy yarn on a wand toy. As she busy “hunting” the yarn, Snowball, the kitten was hunting her and was pouncing on her every chance he had. Very funny to watch.


What has been happening with the two buddy felines lately? Well, both are super playful although Pipi tends to spend most of her time sitting around. I’m going to get her spayed this week and I’ll see if there are any behavioral changes.


Snowball, on the other hand has gotten a bit heavier and is a constant ball of energy. With his larger size, he can now jump and get into places he couldn’t before, so he likes to race himself up, down, and around my place and climb things. He is really cute and as it turns out, he is perhaps 2-3 weeks older than I thought he was. VOKRA now has him at 12 weeks old. I let him sleep on my bed sometimes. He likes to walk around and explore it and eventually makes his way to my night table so he can peer out the window.


The relationship between the two is interesting. I am under the impression that the reality of life is that every kitten is eventually separated from it’s mother and has to deal with it. I have heard however that if a bonded pair is separated it’s not a good thing. But what does that mean? Anyone know?


Pipi and Snowball have become best buddies. They chase each other a lot and like to engage in feline wrestling! It’s usually one or the other pouncing on someone and trying to bite. It’s not a serious bite, as I’m sure then there would be real injury, no, they like to play fight and will sometimes ‘call’ each other out for it.


They are also great hunters as I have seen both stalk and hunt insects in my apartment that I didn’t even notice myself.


They also will groom each other. It seems that they have a good way of communicating to teach other and understand each other well. One time, as I was dropping food on the plate, I accidentally dropped some on Pipi’s head in a place she can’t lick. Later, I saw her call Snowball over and tell him to groom her there, to which he did until she was clean. Amazing.


I’ve been getting a lot of requests to adopt just Pipi lately as well. If you want to adopt her, let me know and come meet her.


Here is a video of Pipi chasing Snowball for some wrassin.


No comments: